NOMAD covers all the monitoring needs encountered in hybrid IP multicast, OTT and RF networks. It is the ultimate all-in-one monitoring and analysis solution for the technician on the move. NOMAD features a plethora of award-winning and patented technologies, the culmination of 12 years of accumulated engineering knowledge and R&D in IP and broadcast monitoring.
Bridge Technologies options are designed to enhance the overall ability and performance of accurate monitoring in the broadcast environment
Click below to learn more about compatible technology options:
NOMAD covers all the monitoring needs encountered in hybrid IP multicast, OTT and RF networks. It is the ultimate all-in-one monitoring and analysis solution for the technician on the move. NOMAD is a breakthrough design with almost every conceivable interface for media signal monitoring and analysis. Featuring optical/electrical Gigabit Ethernet, ASI in/out, DVB-C QAM cable, DVB-T/T2 COFDM terrestrial, DVB-S/S2 satellite and external 1PPS GPS time-reference, NOMAD can analyse all RF transmitted DVB signals as well as OTT and multicast/unicast IP transmissions. With comprehensive IP packet analysis tools, NOMAD is ideal for IP transport understanding regardless of media transported. NOMAD also is shipped with the ultimate in user friendly setup. The unit contains a Wi-Fi zone, and by pointing a laptop towards this, NOMAD is ready for use without further configuration.
As technologies become more and more complex, using Nomad will give invaluable insight into modern media signal behaviours without the need for deep operator knowledge of the media technology used. Cut from a single brick of aluminium, NOMAD sets a new standard for both finish and ruggedness. It is also of very light weight and is the perfect companion to a laptop.
NOMAD ships with extensive functionality for superior digital media understanding right out of the box. Additionally NOMAD has a substantial additional set of extended analysis options, enabling it to outperform the most comprehensive systems on the market in functionality. This also allows NOMAD to be an ideal laboratory tool for desktop analysis in the most demanding environments. NOMAD also sets a new benchmark of affordability in the industry.
Designed to replace old-school PCI cards, USB-based dongles and other laptop-dependent devices, NOMAD is a complete free-standing unit with its own CPU and can be left to monitor signals by itself without the need for a host system.
- Tech Features
MEDIA PROFESSIONALS MOST VERSATILE COMPANION
- Ideal desktop analytics tool
- Intuitive GUI for remote access via Wi-Fi or cabled Ethernet
- Accurate packet behaviour, IAT histogram, protocol analysis and traffic, autodetection of IP uni/multicast
- HLS, HDS, M-DASH, SmoothStream™, RTMP, post-CDN URL token support and manifest validation. Innovative framework for measuring delay of OTT service through distribution chain
- Microsecond-accurate and detailed multicast packet monitoring, analysis and alarming with readout and alarming on key parameters relevant to video
- Return Data Path forwarding of any transport stream monitored with automated alarm triggered recording to 32GB of on-board Flash memory
- Gold TS protection
- ICMP PING and TraceRoute can be done from inside a location remotely and PING can be setup to alarm if remote device stops responding
- MPEG2-TS. H.264/AVC HD, H265/HEVC 4K, AAC, PCM Audio, SCTE-35 signalling, T2-MI encapsulation and more
- Total packet understanding with the patented MediaWindow™ visualisation technology for RTP/UDP uni- and multicasts
- The award-winning ETR290 Engine with detailed analytics of Priority 1, 2 and 3 tests plus extensions to test CA behaviour, alarm history view, timeline view and much more
- Objective QoE Engine. Freeze frame, color frame, audio silence detection on services from any NOMAD input
- Autonomous operations, NOMAD is a completely freestanding unit with its own CPU and can perform without the need for any external host system
- PCAP Ethernet packet capture onto on-board RAM, filesystem storage accessible via web interface for offline analysis using tools such as Wireshark or tcpdump
- Compliant with SMPTE2022.6, 2022.7, IEEE4175 and AES67 IP-Streams for SDI analytics. AIMS and ASPEN compilant
• 10/100/1000T Gigabit Ethernet interface for video/data analysis
• SFP port for optical Gigabit connectivity
• Optional second Gigabit Ethernet port
• Web-based management interface optionally on all ports
• SSH/TELNET terminal
• Relay video multicasts to 3rd party targets using RDP
• Laser power received level for fault finding on SFP
• Provides 2.4 GHz Wireless Access Point service
• No setup – Nomad is WiFi Zone
• USB 2.0 IEEE 802.11 b/g/n 150Mbit/s dongle
• Supports DVB-S and DVB-S2 8PSK, 16APSK, 32APSK, GOLD CODES
• L-band input from 950 – 2160 MHz
• Symbol rate range between 1 – 45 MS/s
• 13V/18V/22kHz and DiseqC 1.0 capable for switch control
• High-end RF performance with constellation diagram and over 20 RF parameters
• Auto-scan feature
DVB-T/T2/C TERRESTRIAL & CABLE (European product only)
• Supports DVB-T EN 300-744 and DVB-T2 EN-302-755 (v1.3.1)
• Supports ITU.T J.83 Annex A/C for cable networks (QAM16 up to QAM256)
• Frequency range: 43 – 1002 MHz. Bandwidth 5, 6, 7 and 8 MHz
• Channel Impulse Response diagram & constellation diagram for DVB-T/T2
ATSC TERRESTRIAL & CABLE (US product only)
• 8VSB for ATSC terrestrial applications
• QAM Annex A/B/C for cable applications
• Symbol rate 0.7-7.2MS/s
• QAM modes 16,32,64,128,256
• Constellation plot
• Offers GPS syncronization down to 0.1 us accuracy
• Allows absolute network delay in SFN/T2MI networks to be measured
• Allows absolute Center Frequency Offset measurements on DVB-T/T2
• ASI input according to EN 50083-9, Annex B
• Supports Burst mode, Spread Mode and legacy M2S
• Output selectable feed from ASI, DVB-T/T2/C or DVB-S/S2 input
• Up to 211Mbit/s incoming rate (linespeed ASI)
• Dimensions: width x length x height (mm): 180x230x20
• Weight: 0.9 kg
• Power usage (max): 22 Watts
• Power supply: External power unit +12V, 1.8A (included)
• Operating temperature: -20 up to +45 degrees C
• Operating humidity: 5% up to 95% non-condensing
• Initial setup by Wi-Fi, Ethernet or separate USB Type-A cable (included)
- Software Options
This option increases the number of IP streams continuously monitored in from the built-in 10 IP streams up to 50 IP streams in 10 stream increments.The ability to increase the number of streams in the VB120 gives great investment protection should the need arise for more services to be monitored. Up to 50 streams can be purchased in increments of 10 streams. The streams increase can either be purchased and factory preinstalled or the unit can be upgraded via a simple software upgrade remotely in the field.
260STREAM-OPT – Additional concurrent monitoring of a total 260 IP multicasts, option
260STREAM-UPGR – Additional concurrent monitoring of a total 260 IP multicasts, upgrade
The T2MI-OPT applies only to the management board (VB120 & VB220).
The T2MI option is used to enable analysis of inner streams in DVB-T2 distribution systems utilising T2MI functionality. Stream verification is based on the renowned Bridge Technologies ETSI TS 101 290 analysis engine, and the T2MI enabled probe allows a thorough check of outer and inner streams. The T2MI option makes it possible to design and implement an end-to-end monitoring system for DVB-T2 distribution. The T2MI option extends ETSI TS 101 290 analysis functionality of a Bridge Technologies probe to include inner streams in DVB-T2 distribution systems where T2MI functionality is used. The T2MI stream-in-stream concept opens for simplified local insertion and is increasingly being used in DVB-T2 distribution. Monitoring of signal integrity is essential, and the T2MI probe option makes it possible to check inner stream parameters, like T2 timestamps and L1 information. Measurements are performed real-time in accordance with DVB document A14-1.
ETR290 (ETSI TR 101 290)-OPTION (Included)
The ETSI TR 101 290 functionality is included as standard on the VB120. ETR290 also available as an option on the VB20 and VB220. Full analysis is performed on Ethernet, ASI, COFDM, QAM, DVB-S/S2 QPSK and signals according to the industry standard ETSI TR 101 290. Multiple analysis engines are available as an option for Ethernet, allowing real-time ETSI TR 101 290 analysis for up to four Ethernet transport streams in parallel. The Bridge Technologies implementation provides operators with unparalleled input signal visibility. The probes can detect and trigger alarms for many of the common errors that would normally go unnoticed by conventional monitoring systems.
BULK-ETR290 (ETSI TR 101 290)-OPTION
The ETSI TR 101 290 functionality is included as standard on the VB120. ETR290 also available as an option on the VB220 and VB330. Full analysis is performed on Ethernet, ASI, COFDM, QAM, DVB-S/S2 QPSK and signals according to the industry standard ETSI TR 101 290. Multiple analysis engines are available as an option for Ethernet, allowing real-time ETSI TR 101 290 analysis for up to four Ethernet transport streams in parallel.
The use of OTT technologies like variable bit rate HLS, SmoothStream and HDS for distribution of media to all kinds of receiving platforms is rapidly expanding, portable devices used in multiscreen applications being particularly important for OTT deployment to be a preferred method for media signal delivery. Content distribution using OTT is complex, and it is necessary for a service provider to perform continuous surveillance of signal availability and integrity of both LIVE multi-profile streams and VOD content. The OTT Option provides the same paradigms as more traditional media transports enabling easy understanding of complex media transportation where operators have both traditional and new distribution systems. The OTT options, available for all Bridge Technologies probes, enables monitoring and analysis of HLS, SmoothStream, HDS and MPEG-DASH streams. The OTT engine will check that stream and profile manifest files, the «lists of contents», are syntactically correct and updated, that all stream profiles are available and that stream chunks are delivered on time.
The extractor option is for Content extraction that includes; freeze/black/colour frame alarming, audio loss alarming for one service only typically where RF interface cards is used for round-robin checking of multiple frequencies.
- Ordering Codes
- Tech Features